THIS IS A 2ND SHIFT POSITION IN CHERRY HILL, NJ
The Material Handler is responsible for the delivery of components and materials to filling room windows and packaging lines, as well as, the removal of finished goods and W-I-P to support the manufacturing process.
High school diploma or its equivalent.
Two years of prior material handling experience in the last two (2) years utilizing hand truck, pallet jack and electric lift preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret written documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to complete required documentation such as production batch records
• Ability to communicate orally effectively
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and/or decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems in accordance with approved procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be on their feet 100% of the time. The employee is required to lift up to 50 lbs continually throughout the workday. This job involves frequent bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, and lifting. Movement of pallets in excess of 100 lbs by manual or electric pallet jack.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Atmosphere in the area at times can be humid and/or wet.
Atmosphere in the areas at times can be warm and humid.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.