To make, manage and execute buying decisions in order to ensure uninterrupted product flow. To coordinate product availability information externally and internally to ensure that all deliverable dates are met in order to reach facility service-level goals.
1. Make buying decisions from various suppliers.
2. Analyze and manage appropriate reports such as blanket P.O. reports, supplier performance reports, MRP exception reports and open P.O. reports to ensure on-time material availability and proper inventory levels.
3. Investigate and review all material quality complaints and problems, both internal and external, and forward correspondence to appropriate personnel.
4. Analyze excess and obsolete material and initiate disposition via various channels, both internal and external.
5. Initiate projects that eliminate non-value added activities, increase quality and service, and reduce costs. Closely monitor commodity market trends and take advantage of cost reduction, quality improvement and service improvement opportunities, communicating this information in a matrix organization.
6. Develop an in-depth knowledge of suppliers, industries, technologies and manufacturing processes and purchasing strategies for assigned commodities.
7. Analyze quotations to ensure that proposals meet with government regulations and accepted trade practices. Strong negotiation skills are required to communicate requirements to potential suppliers and to establish a win-win relationship for all involved.
8. Demonstrate knowledge of purchasing and associated materials management systems. Develop skills and obtain knowledge in project management, purchasing related materials management systems, negotiation, and contract terms and conditions.
Computer literate. Software knowledge: MS Office. Good presentation and written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of procurement practices and techniques.
Bachelor's degree required. 1+ year’s purchasing operational experience required. Experience in medical industry desired. Knowledge of procurement practices and techniques preferred. C.P.M. and/or CPIM certification desirable. Comprehension of materials and other procurement, supply chain systems preferred. Knowledge of Total Quality Management desired.